I often get asked for recommendations on different tools, resources and services available to blogging. So here I’ve put together a list of my recommended blogging tools and resources that I’ve either personally used myself or which have come highly recommended to me by people I trust.
Tired of reading? Then listen to this article:
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure here
Hosting & Domain Names
- Bluehost – Cheap, fast and reliable web hosting that is officially recommended by WordPress.org (+ you get a free domain name when you sign up for hosting)
Themes & Designs
- StudioPress – Amazing WordPress themes that are well designed, mobile friendly, fast loading, secure and SEO friendly, and is powered by the robust Genesis Framework
- Themeforest – Largest theme marketplace out there with thousands of cheap WordPress themes to start your new blog with a bang
Research & Planning
- Google Keyword Planner – Keyword research tool that is a part of the Google Ads advertising platform letting you research and analyze keywords
- BuzzSumo – Tool that analyzes topic categories and finds top performing content on the Internet
- Google Trends – Find Google keyword trends by region and time
- Ubersuggest – Free keyword research and keyword idea generator
- Asana – Free productivity and project management platform
- Google Docs – Free MS Word alternative to automatically save your work and make collaboration easy in the cloud
- Grammarly – Free blogging and content writing assistant
- Sumo – Collection of 400+ power words to improve your blog writing
- Hemingway – Writing app giving you recommendations and helping you write better
- CoSchedule – Free headline grader to help you create click-worthy headlines
- Thesaurus – Free tool that lists synonyms and related terms
- HubSpot – Free blog post ideas generator for when your creativity is running low
- Visme – A visual design tool for creating infographics, interactive presentations and other forms of visual content. Includes thousands of templates, a library of icons and images, and the possibility of adding charts, maps, audio, and video.
- Lumen5 – AI-powered online video maker that lets you create engaging video content in minutes.
- Clipchamp Create – Great editor, compressor, and converter for people such as yourself and, of course, your followers
- Canva – Drag and drop graphic design tool for creating beautiful graphics, banners, images
- Pexels – Free stock photos you can use everywhere.
- Pixabay – Another free stock photos site with high quality stock images and videos
- Venngage: Tool for creating beautifully designed templates + infographics
- Infogram – Tool for creating engaging infographics and reports
- Noun Project – Huge library of over 2M curated icons from a global network of designers
- Buffer – Social media tool helping you simplify scheduling social media distribution
- AddThis – Add sharing buttons to blog posts
- Mailchimp – Newsletter and email marketing automation platform
- Mangools – 5-in-1 SEO software with keyword research, SERP analysis, rank tracking and backlink analysis
- Moz – SEO software with keyword research, backlink building and loads more SEO tools
- Amazon AI – Lets you create an audio version of your blog posts. Find out how you can use and customize the Amazon Polly WordPress plugin
Analytics & Webmaster Tools
- Google Analytics – Free analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic and performance
- Google Search Console – Free tool that helps you manage and diagnose your website’s visibility in Google search results
- Compressor.io – Free image compression tool that optimise and compress your images in JPEG and PNG formats
- Blogging Stats & Facts – Keep up-to-date with this curated list of the latest blogging statistics and facts.
- Site Performance & Monitoring Tools – Best tools you should use to ensure that your site’s performance, speed and security.
- Evergreen Blogging Niches – The 5 best blogging niches that are, forever and ever, evergreen and profitable.